- Clayton Heights 188 St Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic
- Surrey Hwy 10 Physiotherapy & Massage Clinic
Children of all ages, from infancy to adolescence, may need assessment and treatment from a Physiotherapist. There are a variety of conditions that affect children at different stages in their development. Children are growing, and there are important factors that need to be taken into consideration when developing an appropriate treatment plan to suit the needs of their growing bodies. Pediatric physiotherapy can be of great help in such scenarios.
Conditions that children may need to see a Physiotherapist for include:
- Muscle strains
- Ligament sprains
- Post Fracture care
- Sports-related injuries
- Patellofemoral Syndrome
- Shin Splints
- Growing related conditions such as Sever’s and Osgood Schlatter’s
- Biomechanical assessments for altered gait such as in-toeing
- Lower Limb Conditions including flat feet, toe walking, club foot, bowlegs and knock knees
- Cerebral Palsy
- Post-Surgical Conditions
- Bone Fractures
- At Allied Physiotherapy, treatment is tailored, in a fun and creative manner, to suit the age, stage of development, and level of physical ability of each child.
For infants specifically, our Physiotherapists can treat the following conditions starting at the age of 3 months:
- Low tone (Hypotonia)
- Injuries to Brachial Plexus
- Down Syndrome
- Developmental/ Milestone Delays
Is your child involved in sport? Has your child suffered from a concussion playing sports? Allied Physiotherapy Health Group is an official Complete Concussions Management Provider, with multiple locations offering concussion care. We have a team of physiotherapists dedicated to treating concussion symptoms via the Complete Concussion Management Network.
Pre-season baseline testing should be completed yearly and this allows us to better determine when your child is ready to safely return to sport.
To learn more about concussion therapy and for clinics that offer these services, please click here.
At Allied Physiotherapy, treatment is tailored in a fun and creative manner to suit the age, stage of development and level of physical ability of each child. Call or book online now with one of our Pediatric (Kids) Physiotherapists at our Clayton Heights Physiotherapy location!
Looking for pediatric physiotherapy in Surrey, BC?
We have a team of experienced physiotherapists accepting new patients at our Surrey Hwy 10 Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic. Let us help address your child’s health concerns with tailored, fun, and creative physiotherapy treatments. Give us a call or book an appointment through our contact form.