For your first visit, please arrive 10 minutes early as there is some paperwork to fill in.
We are pleased to offer online direct billing for Physiotherapy to a number of extended health carriers, see a complete list on our Direct Billing Page
What will happen at my physiotherapy appointment?
Your physiotherapist will do an initial assessment that will diagnose and identify the cause of injury.
How long is an appointment?
- Initial visits are scheduled for 40 minutes, however, your clinic time may vary between 40-60 minutes.
- Subsequent visits are booked for 20 minutes, however, you will likely be in the clinic for 30 minutes.
- Prolonged visits are booked for 40 minutes, however, your clinic time may vary between 40-60 minutes.
If you have not been to the clinic in over 3 months, or if this is a new injury, an initial appointment is required for the Physiotherapist to complete a new assessment.
How should I book an appointment with my physiotherapist?
- Request an appointment online.
- Fill out the online booking form. This is only available for repeat patients who have registered with the clinic.
What should I bring to my first physiotherapy visit?
- Care Card number
- Claim number (if WSBC or ICBC)
- Doctor’s referral, if applicable
- Extended Health Plan Card
- Diagnostic test results (MRI, CT scan, X-ray)
- Comfortable clothing (Sweatpants, shorts or a T-shirt)
What are the cancellation and no-show policies?
We would ask that you kindly provide 24 hours notice to cancel appointments, otherwise charges may apply.
Private Physiotherapy FAQ:
Is a doctor referral required for me to attend Physiotherapy?
Private Physiotherapy – A doctor’s referral is not a requirement, however certain extended health plans and private insurers may require a referral to activate payment. It is best to check with your respective insurance provider for details.
ICBC Injury Claims FAQ:
What do I need to do if I was injured in a car accident?
- Call ICBC to set up a claim. You will receive a claim number from ICBC.
- We recommend that you see your doctor, and get a referral for Physiotherapy. ICBC also recommends that you follow up with your doctor every 2-4 weeks.
- Remember to bring your claim number to your first appointment.
Is a doctor referral required for me to attend physiotherapy after my car accident?
- ICBC Claims – If this is a new accident and you are seeking treatment within 12 weeks of the injury, you do not require a Doctor’s referral. Within the 12 weeks, you are able to attend 25 physiotherapy visits.
- You will require a Doctor’s referral after 25 visits namely, if you need an extension for physiotherapy treatment or if your injury is more than 12 weeks old.
How much coverage will I have with ICBC and what do I need to pay?
ICBC will pre-authorize 25 physiotherapy visits, 12 kinesiology visits, 12 massage therapy visits, and 12 acupuncture visits per injury claim with no user fee payable within 12 weeks of the date of the accident.
Work Safe BC Injury Claims FAQ:
What do I need to do if I was injured at work?
- Report your injury to your employer and let them know if you will be requiring time off work
- Report your injury to Work Safe BC:
- If you have taken time off work, you will need to call and report your claim to Work Safe at 1-888-967-5377
- If you are still working, you can report your claim online- https://www.worksafebc.com/en/claims/report-workplace-injury-illness/how-workers-report-workplace-injury-illness
- See you Physician and let them know you were injured at work as soon as possible after your injury.
- Please remember to bring in your provided claim number at the time of your appointment.
Is a doctor referral required for me to attend physiotherapy after my workplace injury?
Work Safe Claims –To activate your claim you need to have seen your doctor, as they have to report your injury to Work Safe BC. You are required to follow up with your doctor on a regular basis as a part of your claim. We recommend having a Doctor’s referral for Physiotherapy
How much coverage will I have with Work Safe BC and what do I need to pay?
Approved Work Safe claims do not require any payment by the patient and generally, 6 weeks of treatment is allowed.
Is a doctor referral required for me to attend physiotherapy?
A doctor’s referral is required with a specific diagnosis.
How much coverage will I have with DVA and what do I need to pay?
DVA is fully covered for the allocated number of visits allowed and does not require any payment by the patient.